[Mailman-Users] Implicit Destination

chardlist chardlist at chard.net
Wed May 4 18:44:25 CEST 2005

I have a MM 2.1.5 server with 40 lists that are operating perfectly with the
exception of 1 user and it's got me stumped.  She is writing to the list and
placing the list address in the To: field, yet all of her messages are being
held for moderator approval citing "Message has implicit" destination.

What are all of the circumstances that could cause the message to be held
for this reason despite the fact that she appears to be properly addressing
the messages?

The only theory I'm working on right now is that her e-mail client is
perhaps formatting the messages incorrectly in the to: field.  They show up
like this in the archives once they've been approved:

To: "'Listname \(E-mail\)" <'listname at domain.com'>

I'm noticing the extra apostrophe before the listname and I suspect that she
has either created a contact entry or a contact group entry in her mail
program for the list.

Thanks for the help,
-Brendan