[Mailman-Users] How to query member bounce status

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Tue May 3 02:41:00 CEST 2005

At 5:56 PM -0400 2005-05-01, Tunedin Web Design wrote:

>  I am looking for a way that I, as the list admin, or a list moderator
>  can see what members are bouncing.  I have looked through the admin
>  configuration and mailman scripts and can't find any way to do this.

	Look at your logs.  Specifically, the "bounce" log.

>  Preferably this would be done through the generation of a report that
>  listed those members who have non-zero bounce scores, but it would also be
>  acceptable (and perhaps desireable) to be able to turn on an option that
>  sends copies of the bounced emails to the admin or moderator so that we
>  can see exactly why certain members are bouncing.  (I realize this latter
>  option can generate a lot of email but in our enviroment, this is not
>  currently a concern).

	Mailman does not do reports.  If you want this kind of
information, you'll need to look at the logs, or run a tool that does
that and then generates a report that looks the way you want.
Assuming such a tool does not already exist, you'll need to write one.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755