[Mailman-Users] convert text/html problem...

Nathan K. Stazewski nstazew1 at swarthmore.edu
Wed Mar 16 14:56:30 CET 2005

First off.thank you.  Someone always replies to these questions (knock on
wood).so thanks.

I am running mailman 2.1.4 on OS X.  We were running into a problem that
sometimes the footer was being seen as an attachment instead of as an actual
footer.  I read these lists and found a nice work around was to convert
text/html e-mails to plain text.  I did this and now the footer is always
visible.

Recently a user e-mailed me to let me know that none of his e-mails are
getting through to the listserv (prior to my changes his e-mails got
through, he is a member of the list, and it wasn't getting held for
approval.it was being directly discarded).  After a while we realized his
e-mails were being discarded because of the Content filtering.  Now I set it
to forward me the e-mails instead of discarding.  My Content filtering
options are as follows.

-----------------------

Should Mailman filter the content of list traffic. Yes

Remove message attachments that have a. (left blank)

Remove message attachments that don't have a.  (currently it is (on separate
lines) multipart, text, message. I have had this on the default, tried
adding "text/html", etc.)

Should Mailman convert. Yes

Action to take. Forward

-----------------------

After playing with the "Remove message attachments that don't." section I
got his e-mails to come through, but now the main body is blank.  If he CCs
me, I can see the text in the CC, but the version coming through mailman is
blank except the footer.  If he sends a plaintext e-mail it comes through
fine, but shouldn't mailman be converting his html e-mails into plaintext?
Any ideas why it's not converting the html properly?  I feel like somehow
the content filtering is taking out the text/html and then trying to
convert.but it doesn't look like it should be.

Nate