[Mailman-Users] Setting up mailman website

Timothy Horie tak at thorie.com
Fri Mar 11 18:38:21 CET 2005

Hello

I installed Mailman and I tried to follow step 4 Final system set-up,
but I don't understand what I am supposed to do. There are the things I did:

1) I added ScriptAlias /mailman/ /home/tak/mailman/cgi-bin/ to
/etc/apache/httpd.conf
2) I copied /home/tak/mailman/icons/*.{jpg,png} to /var/www/icons
3) I added IMAGE_LOGOS='/images/' to /home/tak/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py
4) I added Alias /pipermail/ /home/tak/mailman/archives/public/ to
/etc/apache/httpd.conf
5) I added <Directory
"/home/tak/mailman/archives/public/">AddDefaultCharset Off </Directory>
to /etc/httpd.conf
6) I ran apachectl restart
7) I tried to go to http://www.thorie.com/mailman but I got a 404 error
8) I tried to go to http://www.thorie.com/Mailman but I got a 404 error

Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong? Why doesn't the
documentation (INSTALL file) not talk about how I'm supposed to access
the website after following all of these steps?

Thanks!
Tim