[Mailman-Users] Adding custom header widely

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Thu Mar 10 23:09:44 CET 2005

At 11:33 AM -0500 2005-03-10, Forrest Aldrich wrote:

>  On a related note, it was asked of me a while ago to "customize" the
>  reponse messges that people get when subscribing to lists, or even to
>  disable the confirmation messages (at the time, the angle was they
>  were superfluous - which I don't agree with).

	Which messages are you talking about?

>  I found the code sections that contained the templates for the
>  customizable via some template.

	Some of these messages are editable via the web interface, some
others are configurable via templates.

	There are also some that are hard-coded.  I addressed one of
those in my proposed patch at
<https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1107169&group_id=103&atid=300103>,
but Tokio found a different way to resolve the problem, and his
solution gives us another web-editable field.

	If you've got any others, please post the patches (if you can),
or at least post adequate identifying information to the Mailman RFE
page on SourceForge.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755