[Mailman-Users] Adding custom header widely

Forrest Aldrich forrie at forrie.com
Thu Mar 10 17:33:10 CET 2005

Brad Knowles wrote:

> At 12:02 PM +0100 2005-03-10, Sythos wrote:
>
>>  hi all,
>>  there is a way to add:
>>
>>  to ALL list (both new and already created)?
>

>     IIRC, the "List-" headers are hard-coded, so if you edit the
> source code to include the additional "List-" headers that you want,
> that should work.

[ ... ]

On a related note, it was asked of me a while ago to "customize" the
reponse messges that people get when subscribing to lists, or even to
disable the confirmation messages (at the time, the angle was they were
superfluous - which I don't agree with).

I found the code sections that contained the templates for the responses
- might be a nice future "wish list" item to have those customizable via
some template.

Thanks.