[Mailman-Users] sender bounce line?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Mar 7 19:17:29 CET 2005

dave at umiacs.umd.edu wrote:

>We have a list that appears to be filtered by recipients at verizon.
>Specifically, they can post but never receive and are ultimately
>unsubscribed due to bounces.  mailman logs look otherwise normal.
>The theory is that the line:
>
>Sender:LISTNAME-bounces at ourdomain.com
>
>triggers filtering by verizon which sounds bogus to me. More likely, it's
>the users MUA as defined in
>   http://www.washington.edu/computing/mailman/faqs/mailman.header.html

I don't think it's the MUA. MUA filters don't usually result in bounces.

The users could try "whitelisting" LISTNAME-bounces at ourdomain.com if
verizon offers such an option. If it is the MUA, adding the address to
the MUA's address book may help.

Can the users receive other (non-list) mail from ourdomain.com?