[Mailman-Users] Mailman options

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Sat Mar 5 18:16:47 CET 2005

At 11:56 AM -0500 2005-03-05, lists at southernohio.net wrote:

>  Can mailman be customized to function after this manner (basically
>  providing a super clean interface for subscribers with the above options)
>  or should I be looking for another solution?  If I should be looking for
>  another solution does anyone know of such an application?

	You can set up one-way/announcement-only mailing lists, and all
replies will go back to the moderators.  And putting unsubscription
links in the message footer is no problem.  Just enable
personalization, and then put in the appropriate text -- we do this
for the mailman-users list.

	If they want all bounces to come exclusively to them, they'll
have to change the standard aliases that are created which would
normally route all bounces back to the Mailman system.  Either that,
or set the calculation low enough that a single bounce would result
in the recipient being disabled -- which would result in the list
administrator being notified.

	However, passwords is something that I'm pretty sure the current
version cannot eliminate.  I believe that we're hoping to fix that in
future versions, perhaps in the 2.2 tree, or perhaps in mm3.  If you
want that in the current version, you're going to have to make
changes to the source code.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755