[Mailman-Users] Mailman options

lists at southernohio.net lists at southernohio.net
Sat Mar 5 17:56:03 CET 2005

I have a customer that is essentially asking me for a mailing list that
is not the traditional mailman way of doing things.  I started out
customizing Mailman in several ways according to their requests,
however they are, I think, needing another system and I'm just not sure
where to find such a creature.

They had a problem where their provider started spamming their list and
had to change, thus this is where I come into the mix, and they simply
want to send out their own newsletters intermittently and not allow
members to chat with each other, but when they send messages that they
worry about passwords and they want unsubscription will be as simple as
clicking a link in the newsletter.

One final kicker is that they want reporting on if members addresses
have become invalid (ie messages bounced to them).

Can mailman be customized to function after this manner (basically
providing a super clean interface for subscribers with the above
options) or should I be looking for another solution?  If I should be
looking for another solution does anyone know of such an application?

Thanks much for any help!

-George