[Mailman-Users] How to transfer Majordomo archive to mailman

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Tue Mar 1 17:22:03 CET 2005

On Mar 1, 2005, at 2:51 AM, Martin Mewes wrote:

> Hi Bryan,
>
> no need to send a post to the list _and_ a cc to me as I am reading the
> list :-)

Oops, sorry, I thought I had changed the To address :-(

> Bryan Blackwell <bryan at skiblack.com> wrote :
>
>> Majordomo doesn't (by default anyway) store its sent messages in an
>> mbox.  My archives are essentially a directory with all the digests.
>> You can see one of the digests here:
>>
>> http://www.corvair.org/chapters/test/v02.n4928.txt
>
> As far as I can see you should provide a real mbox where eMails are
> stored with full headers. If you do not have one, you can only re-post
> them to the new mailman-list, but I am unsure about that.

Nope, no mbox.  Re-posting won't work since I don't have the individual
posts.  Looks like I may end up writing something, it just surprises me
that no one else has had this problem and posted a solution - this is
the default Majordomo archiving mechanism.  I guess all the folks who
really wanted web archives had already converted to a real archiver and
worked from that.

--Bryan