[Mailman-Users] How to transfer Majordomo archive to mailman

George Theall theall at tifaware.com
Tue Mar 1 13:29:33 CET 2005

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 06:16:20PM -0500, Bryan Blackwell wrote:

> Majordomo doesn't (by default anyway) store its sent messages in an
> mbox.  My archives are essentially a directory with all the digests.
> I do know perl and shell scripting

Then what you need is a script that collects the messages from digests
and outputs them in mbox format.  I don't know if such a thing exists,
but if you want the archives badly enough you can always write one.

I did this for some archives I had (in Hypermail format); the script's
at <http://www.tifaware.com/perl/hm2mbox/>.  You're welcome to use that
as the basis for your script.

George
theall at tifaware.com