[Mailman-Users] Improving SMTP performance?

Paul Key pkey at sgul.ac.uk
Tue Jun 28 14:48:47 CEST 2005

Mailman 2.1.3
Solaris 9
Exim 4.43

I have a list with 2300 subscribers and have set SMTP_MAX_RECEIPTS = 0
to submit all the entire recipient list in one transaction to Exim.

Looking in the Mailman SMTP log file I see the following line:

smtp for 2300 recips, completed in 1921.891 seconds.

This seems a long time to me ?  Is it?  Does anyone know how I can speed
this up?

Thanks

Paul

believed to be clean.