[Mailman-Users] Message Unparsable

Dennis Putnam dennis.putnam at aimaudit.com
Mon Jun 27 15:01:29 CEST 2005

Hm.. "Shunt" queue? Maybe that would at least let me know what Mailman
is looking that it can't parse, just in case something unexpected is
being inserted along the way. Where is that directory? I see nothing in
the /var/mailman path that looks like a "shunt" queue.

I'm not a Python programmer so I am not about to touch that. Thanks for
the reply.

On Jun 27, 2005, at 8:42 AM, Brad Knowles wrote:

> At 8:24 AM -0400 2005-06-27, Dennis Putnam wrote:
>
>>               How can I debug this when there is nothing in the logs?
>
> 	Good question.
>

>> Is
>>  there a verbose mode switch I can turn on? TIA.
>
> 	Nope, no verbose mode.  One of the problems I've had with Mailman for
> some time has been the sometimes limited amount of information that it
> puts into the logs, and the lack of any kind of ability to increase
> the logging level.
>
> 	You may be forced to use command-line tools to try to identify
> problematical messages that are sitting in the "shunt" queue (if any),
> or going into the Python source code and adding some more of your own
> logging.

Dennis Putnam
Sr. IT Systems Administrator
AIM Systems, Inc.
11675 Rainwater Dr., Suite 200
Alpharetta, GA  30004
Phone: 678-240-4112
Main Phone: 678-297-0700
FAX: 678-297-2666 or 770-576-1000
The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is
strictly confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any use,
dissemination, distribution, or duplication of any part of this e-mail
or any attachment is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all copies,
including the attachments.