[Mailman-Users] Mailman was working, then stopped

Doug Lipman mail at storydynamics.com
Sun Jun 26 00:49:26 CEST 2005

Hi, my Mailman lists (Mailman 2.1.5 on Red Hat) were working fine for
over a year. Then, about a month ago, they stopped working. (My last
administrator email came May 30.) I don't know why. When I send
messages to a list, no messages are sent out. I'm also not receiving
any administrative messages.

I do know that I had neglected the "Moderator Requests" for quite a
while. One list had 88 spam messages awaiting me. Now, however, when
I go to the Adminstration Page, there are "no pending requests."

I have run /usr/local/mailman/bin/check_perms and get "No problems
found". Then cron daemon appears to be running (although I don't know
what the "May30" here means and if it's a clue to why the lists
stopped sending on May 30):

>[root at server mailman]#      ps -aux |grep cron |grep -v grep
>root      2554  0.0  0.0  1440  132 ?        S    May30   0:05 crond

The aliases all appear to still be intact. The administrative pages
appear to work and give the correct list of members as well as
archived messages.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what might have gone wrong?

Thanks!
Doug Lipman

Doug Lipman, P.O. Box 521165, Tulsa, OK 74152
Phone: (918) 712-7336. Fax: (206) 202-7719. Toll-free: (888) 446-4738
Story DynamicsÅ: workshops, performances, coaching

Web page: http://www.storydynamics.com
         Free monthly email newsletter, "eTips from the Storytelling Coach."
         "A wonderful, chock full of provocative ideas, storytelling
newsletter. I like it a lot!" - Loretta Greene (Tempe, AZ)

Upcoming workshops: http://www.storydynamics.com/upcoming
The Soul of Hope: http://www.SoulOfHope.net
The Hasidic Stories Home Page: http://www.HasidicStories.com