[Mailman-Users] SMTPDirect issues (Name or service not known)

Meike Aulbach sonne at sunduin.net
Sat Jun 11 14:06:47 CEST 2005

Hello,

I'm starting to believe something is very broken in my system.

On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 11:35:39AM -0700, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>     def __connect(self):
>         self.__conn = smtplib.SMTP()
>         syslog('smtp-failure', 'host = %s, port = %s',
>                mm_cfg.SMTPHOST, mm_cfg.SMTPPORT)
>         x = self.__conn.connect(mm_cfg.SMTPHOST, mm_cfg.SMTPPORT)
>         syslog('smtp-failure', 'connect returns: %s', x)
>         self.__numsessions = mm_cfg.SMTP_MAX_SESSIONS_PER_CONNECTION

I put this code in SMTPDirect.py, and now I get _no_ more messages at
all to the smtp-failure logfile. Mails are not delivered though (I
get the exim-error mails from Mailer Daemon).
I commented out the syslog lines in SMTPDirect.py and still get no
more messages to the smtp-failure logfile. Only the qrunner logfile
shows activity. It seems to me that my changes to the python
code somehow are not regarded even though I do a mailman-restart
every time I change something. I also restarted syslog.

Any hints left...? :)

Best wishes,
Meike

--