[Mailman-Users] Uncaught runner exception

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Jun 8 22:40:21 CEST 2005

Salada, Duncan S.wrote:

>I have a follow-up question.  Is there a source for information about the contents of the qfiles and logs directories?  Part of my time in dealing with this problem was spent trying to figure out how to follow the path of a message through mailman's different logs and qfile directories.

A high level overview is in comments in
Mailman/Queue/IncomingRunner.py. This does not cover the detail of the
post from receipt to delivery. Basically, this consists of the
IncomingRunner passing the message through the pipeline of
Mailman/Handlers/* modules defined by GLOBAL_PIPELINE in
Defaults.py/mm_cfg.py.

The qfiles/* directories are the queues for the various runners. the
files therein each contain a message and various processing
information about the message. The contents is best viewed with
bin/show_qfiles although if there is a problem with the queue entry
that causes a processing error, bin/show_qfiles will probably get the
same error. In this case, bin/dumpdb might be helpful.

As far as I know, there is no documentation of log entries other thatn
looking at the code that writes them.