[Mailman-Users] What Happened To The Message?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jun 3 16:47:48 CEST 2005

Hunter Hillegas wrote:

>I can understand it taking a long time to process since the list is so large
>but I guess I would expect to see a log entry, a lock, a qfile... Something
>to indicate that the message didn't disappear into the ether.

That's correct. If the message were still in process, there would be at
least one qfiles/ entry for it.

If you haven't, you might check the 'vette' log.

Otherwise, is it possible that the post contained a

header. If the post was a reply or otherwise created from a prior post,
it might have contained this. Most MUAs will remove it from a reply,
but depending on how the message was created, it may have contained
this header which would cause Mailman to ignore the post.

Otherwise, I'm out of ideas.