[Mailman-Users] how can moderators automatically subscribe users?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jun 3 05:39:13 CEST 2005

Ricardo Kleemann wrote:

>I know that via the web interface this is quite easy. However, I have a need
>to be able to subscribe users via email commands, without the user being
>subscribed getting a confirmation email. In other words, someone asks to be
>inserted into the list, and then an email is sent with the subscribe command
>in it.
>
>Is this possible?

I think that as long as subscribe_policy includes confirm, the
subscribee will always receive a confirm e-mail from a subscribe (or
join) e-mail command.

This is at least in part because it's so easy to send a subscribe
command for someone else. I've looked at the code, and I don't see
that Approved: headers are handled in e-mail command processing. It's
generally assumed that the list admin will use the web interface.