[Mailman-Users] attachments being stored for plain-text digests

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jul 29 04:35:15 CEST 2005

Tokio Kikuchi wrote:

>Elizabeth Lear wrote:
>
>>>Sorry, but use of Mailman.Handlers.Scrubber is hard coded in
>>>ToDigest.py.  I should have make it configurable like it was for the
>>>archiver.  :-(
>>

>> Ah, thanks.  Before I give up completely, can you say whether scrubber
>> can be hacked out without breaking things, or is it too integral to
>> the code?
>>

>I think the plain text digester expects all the messages should be
>either in plain text or can be scrubbed internally, IIRC.  You should
>choose to use MIME digest if you want to deliver those attachments.
>Note also that Scrubber.py is used in the regular delivery (if list
>admin set so), the digester, and the archiver.

As I recall the original post, archives aren't enabled sitewide, and I
don't think the 2.1.6 scrubbing of regular deliveries is an issue only.

The only issue was scrubbed attachments in digests.

If you want to experiment, I think you could add

    return(msg)

immediately after

def process(mlist, msg, msgdata=None):

in Mailman/Handlers/Scrubber.py. This might actually work for MIME
format digests, but as Tokio indicates above and I said earlier