[Mailman-Users] Footer Personalization

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Jul 23 01:44:41 CEST 2005

Cogley, Rick wrote:

>In the Mailman FAQ it mentions being able to personalize the footers if some
>settings for VERP are made in mm_cfg.py, but does not go into much detail
>about how to do the required changes.
>
>----------------------
>Q. Can I put the user's address in the footer that Mailman adds to each
>message?
>A. Yes, in Mailman 2.1. The site admin needs to enable personalization by
>setting the following variables in the mm_cfg.py file:
>
>VERP_PASSWORD_REMINDERS = 1 VERP_PERSONALIZED_DELIVERIES = 1
>VERP_DELIVERY_INTERVAL = 1 VERP_CONFIRMATIONS = 1
>
>Once this is done, list admins can enable personalization for regular
>delivery members (digest deliveries can't be personalized currently). A
>personalized list can include the user's address in the footer.
>----------------------

Where in the FAQ did you find the above? I don't see it, and more
importantly, it is not correct.

The relevant FAQ article is 3.15 at
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.015.htp

>I would like to add the original sender's email address to the footer
>section, copying that section from Defaults.py to mm_cfg.py, and then adding
>some string (conceptually). What string do I need to add to get the sender?

Once you have set OWNERS_CAN_ENABLE_PERSONALIZATION per the above FAQ
3.15, the personalize help on the Non-digest options page will tell
you what additional substitutions are available in list headers and
footers.