[Mailman-Users] Footer Personalization

Cogley, Rick rick.cogley at esolia.co.jp
Fri Jul 22 22:02:04 CEST 2005

Hi All -

In the Mailman FAQ it mentions being able to personalize the footers if some
settings for VERP are made in mm_cfg.py, but does not go into much detail
about how to do the required changes.

----------------------
Q. Can I put the user's address in the footer that Mailman adds to each
message?
A. Yes, in Mailman 2.1. The site admin needs to enable personalization by
setting the following variables in the mm_cfg.py file:

VERP_PASSWORD_REMINDERS = 1 VERP_PERSONALIZED_DELIVERIES = 1
VERP_DELIVERY_INTERVAL = 1 VERP_CONFIRMATIONS = 1

Once this is done, list admins can enable personalization for regular
delivery members (digest deliveries can't be personalized currently). A
personalized list can include the user's address in the footer.

I would like to add the original sender's email address to the footer
section, copying that section from Defaults.py to mm_cfg.py, and then adding
some string (conceptually). What string do I need to add to get the sender?

Any advice warmly welcomed!

Thanks
Rick Cogley
Tokyo, Japan