[Mailman-Users] Attachments in digest mode

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Wed Jul 20 20:34:23 CEST 2005

At 1:20 PM -0400 2005-07-20, <hdwiebe at owu.edu> wrote:

>  I'm quite new to mailman (having just implemented it) and
>  have run into the following problem: when e-mail containing
>  an attachment is sent to my test list, those users not in
>  digest mode receive it, but it is scrubbed for those users in
>  digest mode ("non-text attachment has been scrubbed . . .").

	Correct.  It is not possible for Mailman to detect which
attachments should go where in which parts of the digest, so it
strips all attachments and instead provides URLs to where they can be
found.  This behaviour within the digest system cannot be modified.

	If you want the same behaviour within the non-digest mailing list
recipients, that's easy enough to turn on if you're using Mailman
2.1.6.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755