[Mailman-Users] Mailman options on Exchange

Glenn Sieb ges+lists at wingfoot.org
Tue Jul 12 18:36:55 CEST 2005

Carl Zwanzig said the following on 7/12/2005 12:25 PM:

>Rant: Why is it that normally sane companies feel the need to replacing
>something that works and is easy & cheap to maintain with something that
>while it usually works, is hard to maintain once it breaks (which it will),
>and costs a metric bundle for licenses?

Marketing.

"Oh we were contacted by this company who claims that what we have is
bad, and what they have is good, and they have all this stuff to back
them up. So we're switching to this."

And.. "because the CEO told us to--he wants his "Outlook"."

Best,
--G.

           ~Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759