[Mailman-Users] Content Filtering - Reject

CL-Admin cl-admin at cox.net
Tue Jul 12 16:06:04 CEST 2005

List Tech administrator WEB interface only, on a hosting company, I am switching content filtering to Reject do to an excessive number of admin action posts requiring action due to users with Incredimail, Emoticons and graphics in signatures.  My filter settings are Yes - image/bmp, image/gif, image/jpeg, image/png, image/tiff.  for image types and multipart/mixed, multipart/alternative, text/plain, application/pgp-signature, multipart/signed, text/html, message/rfc822 for remove message attachments.  Lastly convert HTML to text,  no amount of pleading and asking has been able to get the members (250) to stop using images.

My question is it possible to get a notification sent to the administrator in addition to the rejecting of these posts.  If so how is it done, do I have to get the hosting company to change the configuration files.  I have 20+ years of computer experience, but very little in python or similar programs, can generally figure it out given time.

Information question - should I be pushing the hosting company to upgrade to the latest version of Mailman?

The Mailman-Users List has been a very helpful tool for me to learn the small details of the program - many thanks to the major posters - you are life savers.

Regards,

Vern Wright

Champions Mailing List
Technical Support