[Mailman-Users] Fwd: Message Unparsable

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Tue Jul 12 15:22:41 CEST 2005

At 9:08 AM -0400 2005-07-12, Dennis Putnam wrote:

>  I am reposting this previously unanswered request for help to the list
>  again as I am desperate to get this resolved.  Surely there is someone
>  out there with sufficient MIME expertise to help me.

	If you want help in figuring out MIME formatting, you would be
well advised to use resources more appropriate to that goal.  The
MIME stuff that Mailman does is largely through libraries written by
other people, and the Mailman developers don't really know much about
it.  There are a very small number of Mailman developers who also
monitor the mailman-users mailing list, but that's not likely to be
of much benefit to you.

>                                                        I am unable to
>  find any MIME specific forms elsewhere. I should note that sending the
>  MIME message direct rather then through Mailman works and looks just
>  fine. TIA.

	If you Google for "MIME", the top hit that is returned points to
<http://www.mhonarc.org/~ehood/MIME/>.  This is a useful resource,
and includes pointers to USENET newsgroups that are likely to be of
more help to you.

	Useful sites that are a bit further down the Google Hit Parade
are <http://www.hunnysoft.com/mime/> and
<http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/>.

	In the future, I would encourage you to do a bit more research
with search engines like Google.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755