[Mailman-Users] Mailman list itself

Jim hd at jcshome.net
Sat Jul 9 17:59:27 CEST 2005

I've read through the faqs and searched the messages (hopefully I used
the proper keywords for the search) but have found no fix for my problem.

A little background, I'm running Fedora Core 3 with sendmail-8.12.8-9.90
and mailman-2.1.1-7.

I followed the installation directions in /usr/share/docs/mailman and
after a few minor corrections I have mailman up and running.

I created a new list to test with and it works flawlessly, everything
just works right. :-) For the test list that is...

The problem is that the list I created on the install called "mailman"
doesn't work quite right, or anyway, in my mind it doesn't.

Whenever I try to go to the admin section of it I just get shoved back
to the listinfo screen.

After several false starts I've narrowed the problem down to a problem
with the case of the word mailman in the html code.

For example, if I go to http://192.168.1.1/mailman/admin/Mailman it works!!!

But in the html code itself, it points to:
http://192.168.1.1/mailman/admind/mailman which doesn't work because the
last mailman doesn't have an upper case M in it.

I have gone so far as to delete the mailman list and recreate it with
the thought that I had messed something up when I did the install. I get
the same results, the html code wants it in lower case (which when I
recreated it, I made sure it was in lower case) but it has to be an
uppercase M when it displays. I've recreated the list with a lowercase m
and with an uppercase M, nothing seems to work, the html code always has
a lower case m but for the command to work, it has to be an uppercase M.
This causes all of the mailman list links to fail because they are
always in lower case.

I have gone so far as to do an override in mm_cfg.py by adding this line:

MAILMAN_SITE_LIST = 'Mailman'

I know that this is probably a configuration change that I missed or
unwittingly changed but I have been unable to find it.

Any thoughts on how to fix or ideas to use for search terms because I am
fresh out of ideas.

Thank you!

Jim