[Mailman-Users] Bug in Mailman 2.1.6b4

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Fri Jul 8 15:50:45 CEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-08 at 11:54 +0900, Jim Tittsler wrote:
> On Jul 8, 2005, at 04:59, Darren G Pifer wrote:
> > [...] from a version of Mailman we upgraded to recently. I tried to
> > look
> > in the logs but could not find anything. We will be upgrading
>
> Did you look in your Apache error logs?  There may be a Python
> traceback there that would narrow down the problem.

I'm pretty sure that 2.1.6b (as well as 2.1.6) have enabled "stealth
mode". This prevents stack traces from being visible on the web page for
security reasons (you used to be able to see the stack traces). To
analyze what caused a bug you'll need the stack trace. Although the
stack trace is no longer visible it is logged on the system hosting
mailman, I believe in the mailman error.log file, its location will be
installation dependent (/var/log/mailman, /usr/local/mailman/log are
common locations).
--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>