[Mailman-Users] Problems with Mailman on Fedora Core 3 system

Matt Singerman matt.singerman at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 18:37:46 CEST 2005

Hi Mark,

Thanks for posting this - I didn't even know this filed existed!  I
think I've located the problem - mailmanctl isn't running.  However,
when I try to start it (with "/usr/lib/mailman/bin/mailmanctl start"),
nothing happens.  I tried to su as user mailman to check the crontab
and try and run it from there, but when I do, I get the following
error:

[root at list ~]# su - mailman
This account is currently not available.

The user definitely exists, but it has no login.  Any ideas here?

Thanks again for all the help.

--Matt