[Mailman-Users] Mailman Virtual Domains - Multiple Installs

Christian Anton mail at christiananton.de
Fri Jul 1 11:32:42 CEST 2005

Am Donnerstag 30 Juni 2005 15:59 schrieb Michael Reck [Netdiscounter GmbH]:
> Hi List,
>
> is there be any how-to for a multiple installs mm server.
> I need listnames which are same for multiple domains.
> I decided to give every costumer a lists.domain.tld entry with MX
> Record. The first Installation runs like hell but the following
> with another Hostname fails.

Why use multiple installs?

I am using 2.1.5 with the true virtual hosting patch from
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=943827&group_id=103&atid=300103,
so that i can have the same list name on various domains because internally
the names will be "listname-hostname.domain.tld" and not only "listname", so
that mailman can distinguish the lists.

The problem i have with this patch is that you have to create the
virtual-table for postfix yourself, the 'POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAIS'
functionality in the mm_cfg.py is not included in this patch. I am editing
the file manually but it should not be impossible to add it to the patch.

greets

Christian