[Mailman-Users] Virus Just Got Through on TOTALLY MODERATED list.

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Sat Jan 29 03:34:44 CET 2005

Agreed:  I run Fedora Core 2 with Mailman on one of my mail servers,
using MIMEDefang with SpamAssassin and Clam Antivirus, along with having
my lists fully moderated.  I've never had even one spam or virus get
through (lists have been up for several years; started with RedHat
6.2 or 7.1 and Mailman 2.0.7, as I recall).

Bob

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, Jeff Groves wrote:

> Maybe you should install a virus scanning feature to your mailer?
>
> I use mimedefang which has a hook to many different virus scanning products.  I use f-prot.
>
> My platform:
>
>   Fedora Core 2
>   Sendmail 8.13.1
>   mimedefang 2.48
>   f-prot linux ws 4.4.2
>
> this configuration discards infected email messages.
>

> Jeff g.

http://www.malibyte.net
http://www.malibyte.com

"There will be no white flag above my door."