[Mailman-Users] How to generate user list?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Jan 25 20:46:48 CET 2005

Stephen Edmondson wrote:

>I have my mailing list setup in announce-only mode and have had trouble
>pulling a list of all of the users. Via the FAQ, I've sent out requests
>to the mailman-request address and only received this back:
>
>"
>The results of your email command are provided below. Attached is your

The particular Usage: message above indicates the list is available to
anyone and you have given an invalid "who" command. I.e. your who
command contained a password, an address= field or other text, none of
which are allowed if the list is available to anyone.

On the other hand, if the list is available only to administrators,
password is required and must be the list admin or moderator password.

If the list is available only to members, password is required and must
be the member password and this is the only case where
address=<address> is allowed and if used, must be the address of a
member whose password is supplied.