[Mailman-Users] withlist -l -r fix_url fails to change link in archive

brian.ensor brian.ensor at deri.org
Thu Jan 20 14:31:49 CET 2005

Hello-

I am in the process of moving lists from a server running mailman 2.1.2 to a
server running version 2.1.5 on a different system and at a new url.  I have
gone through many FAQ's describing the steps and have been very successful.
There is one part that I can not figure out and am looking for help.

After I have move all the files and completed the 'check_perms -f',
receiving no errors, I go to run the command 'withlist -l -r fix_url
mylist'.  After this completes, I am able to go into the web interface and
login, search archives etc...all links appear to have been changed fine.
When I go to the archives, it appears that all of the archive links were
corrected to the new url except for one.  The 'More info on this list...'
link still points to the old url.  This is the case for all old
archives...the current archive has the correct url (i.e. 2005-January
archive is fine, but 2004-December and earlier are not).

I have checked the perms on the index.html file in each of the archives and
they are correct.  The only difference is that I see on the 2.1.2 server
files from one created new on the 2.1.5 server is that the index.html file
in the $mailmandir/archives/listname is a symbolic link to thread.html
instead of just a file index.html, but I can access the file through this
link just fine.

I can manually change the link in index.html, but this is too time consuming
for all the lists I have to move.

Thanks for any help.

Brian