[Mailman-Users] Listowners discussion list

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Thu Jan 20 11:55:07 CET 2005

At 6:12 PM -0800 2005-01-19, Dana Evans wrote:

>  Hi - my ISP just forced us to move from Majordomo to Mailman, but they
>  don't seem to know much about administering it. I am trying to figure out
>  how the admin can subscribe/unsubscribe and approve moderated messages via
>  email, rather than the website.

	There's not much documentation on the e-mail interface to
Mailman.  What documentation there is, unfortunately, it oriented
towards users (see <http://www.list.org/mailman-member/node10.html>).
Pretty much all the list manager documentation at
<http://www.list.org/admins.html> is aimed at people who will be
using the web interface.

>                               I tried to go to the page on Listowners
>  discussion list to subscribe and beg for help, but the link doesn't seem
>  to be working (on http://list.org/lists.html - I get a page cannot be
>  displayed error).

	This issue is addressed in the FAQ.  See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.025.htp>.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755