[Mailman-Users] moderation / hold does not work

Peter Schneider-Kamp psk at informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Jan 17 10:57:17 CET 2005

Hi!

Holding messages does not work for my new mailman installation.

I have read the previous messages on this topic (both from
January 05 and December 04), but no one could propose
any solutions yet :-(

I am using Mailman 2.1.5 with apache 1.3.26 for the
web interface, sendmail 8.12.3 for the MTA on a
Debian stable system. The setup for the web interface
is standard (/mailman and /pipermail, straight from
the manual).

I have set

admin_immed_notify = 1
generic_nonmember_action = 1

in the configuration of the mailman-list. In
Defaults.py the GLOBAL_PIPELINE contains 'Moderate'
und 'Hold'.

Sending a message from a non-member address
the message is delivered correctly to mailman:

Jan 17 11:33:49 tutnix sm-mta[20231]: j0HAXnVf020231:
from=<nowoonder at yahoo.com>, size=1828, class=0, nrcpts=1,
msgid=<20050117094108.88207.qmail at web53908.mail.yahoo.com>, proto=
ESMTP, daemon=MTA, relay=ms-2.rz.RWTH-Aachen.DE [134.130.3.131]
Jan 17 11:33:50 tutnix sm-mta[20232]: j0HAXnVf020231:
to="|/home/mailman/mail/mailman post mailman",
ctladdr=<mailman at tutnix.aegee.rwth-aachen.de> (8/0), delay=00:00:01,
xdelay=0
0:00:01, mailer=prog, pri=32075, dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent

Neither a moderation message is sent to the owner nor
are there any pending moderation requests in the web
interface. I cannot find any heldmsg*-files, too.

Accepting, Rejecting, and Discarding all work properly.
Archives, sending to the mailing list by members (non-moderated),
distributing mails to subscribers, and everything else
works like a charm.

This is really a pity because as soon as this last feature
works we can finally start migrating our 300+ ListServ
mailing lists to mailman.

I would appreciate any kind of help. If you need any more
information about the problem, please tell me.

Kind regards,
Peter