[Mailman-Users] Cannot connect to web administration

Ralph Utbult ralph.utbult at abf.se
Mon Jan 17 08:31:43 CET 2005

Hi,

Last autum, I set up a MandrakeLinux with Postfix. Later I added Mailman, mainly for its integration with Mandrake. Last week the server crashed, so I had to set up a new one. It worked great! Three hours after I started the installation, Postfix was up and running! Mailman took another hour or so...

My problem: I run my mail sefver behind a firewall, with port 25 open. Problem is, I can't access Mailman web pages.
This is what I try to access http://hyndan.gbg.abf.se/mailman/admin/mailman If I change to IP numbers, I can get connected. Sounds to me like some sort of DNS-problem? I'm accessing from a computer in the LAN, so the firewall shouldn't be the problem. I'v added the mail server to my DNS server (Windows 2000 Advanced server), but that didn't help.

Regards,

Ralph Utbult
Systemansvarig
ABF Göteborg

Besöksadress: Södra Allégatan 1, 4:e vån, Göteborg
Postadress: Olof Palmes Plats, 413 04  Göteborg

Telefon: 031-7743176
Mobil:   0706-743176
Fax:     031-7743105
E-post:  ralph.utbult at abf.se