[Mailman-Users] Identical list names on milti-virtual-domains host

Yassen Damyanov yd at media-c.de
Wed Jan 12 08:55:50 CET 2005

On Monday 10 January 2005 18:48, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> There is a similar patch (mentioned in FAQ article 4.47) at
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=943827&group_id=103&atid=300103
>
> You might look at this too in case you haven't already. It also patches
> bin/newlist which cPanel may not use.

Exactly. Thank you Mark for your patient reminder to try this patch as well.
I did and it seems to WORK!! I think so and I DO HOPE so, as this will be
a real relief in a difficult situation.

I noticed some mailfunctions but I think that all I could see so far are
acceptable and we can live with them. Examples:

-- command line tools like list_lists ot list_members do not recognize
   identically named lists (but newlist and rmlist seem to work fine)
-- I can go directly to list member profile page without being asked
   for authentication
-- I could even enter arbitrary email with non-existent domain to request
   an "unsubscribe" action and the system told me that a confirmation of
   unsubscribal has been sent to the "user"

I look forward for a mailman version that has this all fixed and working
fine...

Thanks again to everybody who was willing to help!

(If anyone's interested, I can post the patch as it is against 2.1.5.)
Yassen