[Mailman-Users] Backup mailman, sending to a new server

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Wed Jan 12 07:45:13 CET 2005

On Jan 11, 2005, at 08:31, erik at ezolan.com wrote:

> How do I backup mailman and bring it over? I'm using cpanel and it
> doesn't
> make a backup of mailman. I can't run any of the scripts that have been

If you don't have access to the filesystem, you won't be able to move
the contents of the lists directory.

You could resort to scripting a local machine to visit the
administrator's web interface and copy all of the subscribers (and
their settings), and then upload them to your new server.  Some
examples of this type of scripting are available at:
   http://starship.python.net/crew/jwt/mailman/#throughtheweb
This only requires that your local machine have Python installed, and
requires nothing of the servers beyond Mailman.

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/