[Mailman-Users] Backup mailman, sending to a new server

erik at ezolan.com erik at ezolan.com
Tue Jan 11 00:31:00 CET 2005

Hi, looking through the archives, I'm really surprised this hasn't come up
sooner.

I don't have access to the command line on the server that's running
mailman now. Only web interface. I'm moving to a new server where I have
access to everything.

How do I backup mailman and bring it over? I'm using cpanel and it doesn't
make a backup of mailman. I can't run any of the scripts that have been
listed here, especially since half of them want software that isn't
installed on the old server.

I'm really surprised that there is no "Backup list to file" and "Restore
list from file" option in the mailman web interface. Even if I did have
access to the mailman files, I've found that I've had to re-install half
of my software to get it working correctly on the new server, then I'd
load from database files all the data.

I'm not sure what to do now. I could ask all my members to re-subscribe,
but that doesn't feel right.