[Mailman-Users] bad links in admin e-mails

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Jan 11 17:26:32 CET 2005

Peggy O. Dolter wrote:

>When I get list admin messages directing me to this:
>http://www.jburroughs.org/mailman/admindb/alum_jbs
>
>it works alright, but when I get messages directing me to:
>http://jbworld/mailman/admindb/mailman
>
>I get a page that says "This page cannot be displayed."

Presumably this is because the domain is "jbworld" and not
"www.jburroughs.org" or some other valid domain.

This url comes from web_page_url for the list (mailman in this case).
This in turn is generated for the list by "plugging" DEFAULT_URL_HOST
(or some other url host from VIRTUAL_HOSTS) into the pattern
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN at list creation time.

It is not clear how this got messed up in your case, but fix_url.py may
fix it assuming your VIRTUAL_HOSTS dictionary is valid.

See
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.029.htp
for additional info.