[Mailman-Users] Change the default text for the confirm subscribemessage.

Aaron Crosman ACrosman at afsc.org
Thu Jan 6 20:06:12 CET 2005

Yes.  I believe all the email messages can be changed. They are stored in the mailman/templates directory to start.  Changes there effect every list on the server.  If you want to over ride the message for 1 list you can add a file in /var/lib/mailmain/LISTNAME/en (for English) with the same name as the message you wish to replace.

I know:
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.011.htp

Touches on this issue, there may be other things in the FAQ as well.

My one word of warning I'm having trouble with non-English texts getting mangled along the way.  I'm not sure what I'm missing there yet.

Aaron