[Mailman-Users] can't admin 'mailman' list

Eric Seppanen eds at reric.net
Tue Jan 4 19:23:00 CET 2005

Recently some confused person or spam-bot sent a message to the mailing
list named 'mailman' at my site.

I no longer remember what this list is for, but the install directions
told me to create it.

Anyway, because this mail was sent to that list by a non-member it was
quarantined and I'm getting messages saying

> consideration at:
>
>        http://www.mysite.com/mailman/admindb/mailman
>
> Please attend to this at your earliest convenience.  This notice of
> pending requests, if any, will be sent out daily.

but for some reason, I can't reach the admin page for the 'mailman'
list-- it simply redirects me back to /mailman/listinfo.

So I'm getting daily reminders that I can't stop, because the web admin
interface doesn't appear to allow access to the special 'mailman' list.
How can I fix this?

Thanks,
Eric