[Mailman-Users] Mailman error was emailed to user mailman

Terry Allen hmag at ozemail.com.au
Sat Feb 26 10:02:44 CET 2005

>Terry Allen wrote:
>
>>	I was looking into this error & tried this command - when I
>>tried check_db it gave no errors - I then added --all which still
>>gave no errors - however, I then added --verbose, which gave the
>>following output - is this necessarily a problem & should I worry?
>>
>>[server:local/mailman/bin] root# ./check_db --all --verbose
>>List: mailman
>>     /usr/local/mailman/lists/mailman/config.pck: okay
>>     /usr/local/mailman/lists/mailman/config.pck.last: okay
>>      [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
>>'/usr/local/mailman/lists/mailman/config.db'
>>      [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
>>'/usr/local/mailman/lists/mailman/config.db.last'
><snip>
>
>No. this is not a problem. bin/check_db tries to check all 4 files
>whether or not they exist. Mailman 2.1.x does not have the config.db
>files. They were used instead of the config.pck files in older
>versions.
>
>It is unlikely that bin/check_db would find a problem with the
>config.pck.last in your situation. This problem is not corruption of
>the file contents. It is some issue with the OSX file system that
>prevents the config.pck.last file from being removed.
>
>--
>Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net>       The highway is for gamblers,
>San Francisco Bay Area, California    better use your sense - B. Dylan
Hi again,
	Many thanks Mark - I will see if it can be removed. I run on
my system as root, so it's likely that the sudo command was affected,
which only offers admin priveliges, but the root command won't be
affected.
--

	Bye for now, Terry Allen
hEARd

Postal Address:
	hEARd, 26B Glenning Rd,	Glenning Valley, NSW 2261, Australia
Internet -
	WWW: http://heard.com.au http://itavservices.com
EMAIL: hmag at ozemail.com.au
Phone: Australia - 02 4388 1400 / International - + 61 2 43881400
Mobile: Australia - 04 28881400 / International - 61 4 28881400