[Mailman-Users] Mailman error was emailed to user mailman

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Feb 26 01:26:02 CET 2005

Terry Allen wrote:

>	I was looking into this error & tried this command - when I
>tried check_db it gave no errors - I then added --all which still
>gave no errors - however, I then added --verbose, which gave the
>following output - is this necessarily a problem & should I worry?
>
>[server:local/mailman/bin] root# ./check_db --all --verbose
>List: mailman
>    /usr/local/mailman/lists/mailman/config.pck: okay
>    /usr/local/mailman/lists/mailman/config.pck.last: okay
>     [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
>'/usr/local/mailman/lists/mailman/config.db'
>     [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
>'/usr/local/mailman/lists/mailman/config.db.last'
<snip>

No. this is not a problem. bin/check_db tries to check all 4 files
whether or not they exist. Mailman 2.1.x does not have the config.db
files. They were used instead of the config.pck files in older
versions.

It is unlikely that bin/check_db would find a problem with the
config.pck.last in your situation. This problem is not corruption of
the file contents. It is some issue with the OSX file system that
prevents the config.pck.last file from being removed.