[Mailman-Users] name not defined

Tzaia tzaia at stinsonfamily.com
Sat Feb 26 00:59:04 CET 2005

Hello list,

I've been working on this for 4 days and haven't been able to resolve it.

System with Fedora Core3 installed.
All patched up
FQDN is stinson3.amys-answers.com
hostname is stinson3
modified the mm_cfg.py to reflect changes

I will say that I'm completely new to the linux OS.  I've been running NT and LISTSERV
since 1997, but I wanted to be able to run discussion lists in tandem with one of my web
sites, so I'm looking at Mailman.

Here is what I get:

    Bug in Mailman version 2.1.5

    We're sorry, we hit a bug!

    If you would like to help us identify the problem, please email a copy of this page
    to the webmaster for this site with a description of what happened. Thanks!
    Traceback:

    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/lib/mailman/scripts/driver", line 63, in run_main
        from Mailman.Logging.StampedLogger import StampedLogger
      File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Logging/StampedLogger.py", line 20, in ?
        from Mailman.Logging.Logger import Logger
      File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Logging/Logger.py", line 24, in ?
        from Mailman import mm_cfg
      File "/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py", line 81, in ?
        DEFAULT_URL_HOST = stinson3.amys-answers.com
    NameError: name 'stinson3' is not defined

Fedora installs Mailman differently than what any of the Mailman instructions say, but
I've been able to find all the necessary files.  I have no idea where it's getting the
information to throw the error.  Where do I "define" the DEFINE_URL_HOST except in
the mm_cfg.py file?

Any help would be appreciated.

Tzaia