[Mailman-Users] mail not being sent/received

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Fri Feb 18 17:10:05 CET 2005

jpsota at gmail.com wrote:
> I believe this is most likely the problem. I'm using comcast
> residential service and it issues dynamic IP addresses. I don't know
> for sure if this is the case -- does anyone know?
>
> Secondly, assuming this is the case, how can I get around this problem
> without changing my ISP?

If you're using an ISP that issues you a dynamic DNA address then you
don't have any visible domain and mail server to anyone outside. Without
a permanent domain, IP address, and MX record other MTA's can't reach you.

You might want to look into www.dyndns.com, they provide the service you
will need at a fraction of the cost of having Comcast convert you to a
commercial account with a static IP address. I make no claims for
dyndns, I just know it as a possible option, I have no experience with it.
--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>