[Mailman-Users] Mailman list size limitations?

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Wed Feb 16 23:12:17 CET 2005

On Feb 16, 2005, at 1:50 PM, Joshua Beall wrote:

> I have a client who wants to setup a very *large* mailing list.  Right
> now
> she has about 4500 people on the list (including myself).

4500 is not large. I've run lists on mailman over 40K. I run lists
where the testing group is probably 4500...

> Is there an error log I can take a look at it?

~mailman/logs

also, the logs generated by the mail delivery beast as well.

>  And also, do you know
> offhand if I am asking for trouble with such a large list?  Are there
> problems that crop up when I have such a large list?
>
> If mailman is not able to handle such a large mailing list, what do you
> recommend?

mailman's not the problem. if it's a capacity issue, it's the computer
that's likely too slow/small, but even there, I wouldn't except
problems with 4,500 users on any platform remotely recent.