[Mailman-Users] Mailman list size limitations?

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Wed Feb 16 23:04:07 CET 2005

In a flurry of recycled electrons, Joshua Beall wrote:

> I have a client who wants to setup a very *large* mailing list.  Right now
> she has about 4500 people on the list (including myself).

Which actually qualifies as only a moderate size, there are 15k+ lists
using MM.

> However, she has reported that people aren't getting her emails (she sends
> only about one per month), and she's tried to send two so far.  They show up
> in the archives, so I know that they are at least being received by mailman.
> Furthermore, I have been getting them - so it *seems* like it is working.

Yep, it's basically working.

> But she absolutely insists that they are not going out, saying that she has
> asked other people who are subscribed to the list, and they have not
> received her message.

Your best (and only) option is to look at the send log of the MTA.
Well, I lied, look at the member options and make sure that the other
members aren't set for "no mail".  You could also add a few more test
addresses...

z!