[Mailman-Users] Mailman list size limitations?

Joshua Beall jbeall at heraldic.us
Wed Feb 16 22:50:54 CET 2005

Hi All,

I have a client who wants to setup a very *large* mailing list.  Right now
she has about 4500 people on the list (including myself).

However, she has reported that people aren't getting her emails (she sends
only about one per month), and she's tried to send two so far.  They show up
in the archives, so I know that they are at least being received by mailman.
Furthermore, I have been getting them - so it *seems* like it is working.

But she absolutely insists that they are not going out, saying that she has
asked other people who are subscribed to the list, and they have not
received her message.

Is there an error log I can take a look at it?  And also, do you know
offhand if I am asking for trouble with such a large list?  Are there
problems that crop up when I have such a large list?

If mailman is not able to handle such a large mailing list, what do you
recommend?  I would prefer something open source that will run on a LAMP
stack.

Thanks for any feedback!

Sincerely,
  -Josh