[Mailman-Users] URL for admin page

Adam Rosi-Kessel adam at rosi-kessel.org
Sat Feb 12 14:24:21 CET 2005

On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 04:43:49PM -0800, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> >Whenever I created a new list before, the URL for the admin page was
> >automatically set to http://myhost/mailman/admin.  Now it is creating
> >new lists with admin URL http://myhost/admin, which doesn't work.
> Just what URL are you talking about? Yhe only one that should look like
> http://myhost/mailman/admin is the one on the listinfo page in "List
> administrators, you can visit the _list admin overview page_ to find
> the management interface for your list."
> The ones for individual lists should all be of the form
> http://myhost/mailman/admin/<listname>

Sorry, I should have been clearer.

I have a few dozen lists, all of which have the admin URL:

http://myhost/mailman/admin/<listname>

The newest list which I just created had the admin URL:

http://myhost/admin/<listname>

Without any change in the configuration.

> There isn't a separate setting for admin URL. The list specific ones
> are all generated from the list attribute web_page_url which is set at
> list create time by interpolating the host into DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN.

Right, so if DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN hadn't changed, the generated admin URL
shouldn't have changed... yet it did.

Interestingly, I found by running with_list fix_url on the list (and not
specifying any URL) the admin URL was reset to the correct address.

But I'm concerned that other new lists will have the wrong default admin
URL.
--
Adam Rosi-Kessel
http://adam.rosi-kessel.org