[Mailman-Users] URL for admin page

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Feb 12 01:43:49 CET 2005

Adam Rosi-Kessel wrote:

>Whenever I created a new list before, the URL for the admin page was
>automatically set to http://myhost/mailman/admin.  Now it is creating
>new lists with admin URL http://myhost/admin, which doesn't work.

Just what URL are you talking about? Yhe only one that should look like
http://myhost/mailman/admin is the one on the listinfo page in "List
administrators, you can visit the _list admin overview page_ to find
the management interface for your list."

The ones for individual lists should all be of the form
http://myhost/mailman/admin/<listname>

>I haven't changed any configuration in the interim, although I have been
>upgrading through Debian testing. Current version is 2.1.5-5.  Any ideas
>what's going on?

Not really.

>mm_cfg.py says:
>
>DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/mailman/'
>
>And the listinfo page has the proper URL. There doesn't appear to be any
>separate setting for the default admin URL, and I can't figure out how
>to change it on the newly created list.

There isn't a separate setting for admin URL. The list specific ones
are all generated from the list attribute web_page_url which is set at
list create time by interpolating the host into DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN.

The _list admin overview page_ link from the listinfo page is generated
on the fly using DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN.